Monday, July 19, 2010

BBQ experiment: Grilled pineapple

I'm having a barbecue with some Xebia colleagues next Tuesday. When I have a couple of guests over for the first time, I always like to play it safe a little bit, but the following two experiments just seem too easy, so I'll take the risk:

Grilled Pineapple (adapted from Ananas al Forno):
For the original recipe look at this old blog. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work on the barbecue, and potentially improve the flavor given the right type of smoke. I'm thinking sage should work. 

Marinaded sweet potato
I have no clue yet how I'm going to pull it off, but I've made marinaded carrot shaslic's before and that worked out pretty well, so I'm guessing that it's "just" a matter of getting them done just right and finding the proper marinade for them.

I'll update this post with the story of success or as it may happen disaster after Thursday, if you have any tips, warnings or other first hand accounts please help me out before I make a fool of myself.

Posted via email from Koken en Eten

No comments: